Copyright is a form of intellectual property protection like trademark and patents.. A copyright is a legal right given by the law to creators of literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and producers of cinematograph films and sound recordings. Copyright give the owner of the work certain safeguard to ensure the intellectual work is protected and creativity is rewarded. There are bundles of rights under Copyright like communication to the public, the rights of reproduction, adaptation, and translation of the work.
Copyright registration in India is enrolled under Copyright Act, 1957. The Copyright Act, 1957 protects original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and cinematograph films and sound recordings from unauthorized uses.
Process of Copyright
- Submit details for Copyright registration
- Preparation of Copyright application
- Filing and submission of Copyright application
- Issuance of Copyright Certificate.
Details required for Copyright registration
- Personal details of Applicant like Name and address
- Nature of copyright (Class and description)